Sunday 16 December 2012

The Catalan Photographer



On a cold winter evening I was walking along Barcelona seaside when suddenly I saw a couple on Bicing (the Catalan version of Dublin Bike, Boris Bike and similar bicycle hire schemes) approaching from behind. My camera was in standby already, so I was prepared to capture the scene. As they were progressing, I realised that the girl isn't just hugging the guy, but also holding a camera. That means that your humble cyclist features in some photo/video somewhere, possibly in Spain.

The photo was taken on a chilly winter day on Barcelona beach on 9 January 2010.

As you have probably noticed already, this is the first post to feature a none-Dublin cyclist. This blog is still "Dublin's Cyclists" and aims to show the world some of Dublin's most peculiar cyclists. However, as cycling is a global phenomenon, it would be beneficial to include cyclists elsewhere. What guides me in choosing photos is that the photos should be taken by myself and be interesting or introduce a "type of cyclist". Hope you'll all enjoy from the global cyclists to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment