Sunday 26 May 2013

Young Woody Allen On Bike



You might be familiar with the German term Doppelgänger or the double of a living person. Some say I look a lot like a Swedish rock star, but this post isn't about your faithful cyclist, but rather about the legendary comedian and filmmaker, Woody Allen. Cycling to work (in Dublin) the other day I found myself looking at Woody Allen riding a bike. I knew something ain't right in this mirage, for although it was 2013, this cyclist looked a lot like Woody Allen in the early 1970s. As thoughts unfolded in my head, I realised there are no time machines and it isn't NYC, so it can't be Woody. But who knows... :)

To understand how similar they look, have a check out this hilarious Subway scene from Allen's movie Bananas (1971. Featuring young Sylvester Stallone as one of the two thugs):




Alternatively, watch the following interview:



I took the picture along the Grand Canal on April 18th 2013. About a week later, on the 24th, I saw the same guy nearby again. After a closer examination, I ruled out the Woody Allen option. I guess they look the same only from a certain angle. Good enough for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment