Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Tandemists



Tandem bicycle is a great invention. It allows couples (or even more than two people. To borrow from Archimedes, give me a tandem bike long enough, as many saddles and pedals as I need and an endless plan on which they can all ride and I shall cycle the whole human race) to cycle together and it is actually more powerful than standard bikes.

In Dublin, one can usually spot tandems in Phoenix Park, where they are for rent. It is rarer to see them in the city centre. That's why I was happy to see this French couple in Westmoreland Street, just off O'Connell Bridge. What a serendipity, I was on my way to Phoenix Park...

The picture above is from 22 July 2012. I was there for long enough to capture another photograph of this beautiful way to tour Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment